Tuesday 1 December 2009

Christmas all over again!

Good morning peeps I hope you are all fit and well and in a real crafty mood cos I have set the challenge this week at the Creative Card Crew and kept it easy cos I know you are all up to your eyes no doubt making Christmas cards so what better theme for you than

CHRISTMAS!


The lovely Denise from Whimsy Stamps has kindly sponsored us again and she also has a Holiday Card Contest running until the 12th December so check out her link to play along for even more prizes.


I am combining my card with The Pixie Cottage who are asking us to Get Stitchy, Secret Crafter Saturday want to see Christmas Trees, Kraftin´Kimmi Stamps say Touchy Feely and Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential want Hats On.


Oki koki onto my card.


First I pricked my "Christmas Fun" brass stencil from Kars by Erica onto pearlescent card then placed it on my light box to emboss . . . decided to cut out the tree shape before continuing cos knowing my luck I would have made a boo boo after stitching the ornaments, sewing on the beads and adding the gems . . . just call it age related rofl.



Simple reverse of pattern for back of card, adhered backing papers from DCWV then inked up Santa by Anita ... coloured with Copics and added lots of glamour mist ... and I apologise
as I have added my greeting to other side so can´t show you that in case a certain person may see this.
I did try ribbons down the spine but thought they looked too fussy so added brads instead.


Have a super duper day, I am off to town to pick up my new glasses and will be back tomorrow.

20 comments:

Karen said...

REally lovely Nicola, great stitching.

xx

Joey said...

Fabulous card Nicola and a great shape! Joey.xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicola!! OH wow!! Sweetie, this is just GORGEOUS!!! I so love this card!! How creative!!! The pretty snowflakes and the ADORABLE Santa are perfect!! Glad I found out the challenge for Creative Card Crew because I'm playing along with you all!! :) Thanks for adding this to the Spotlight Challenge this week hun!! HUGS

Gibmiss said...

hi Nicola
this is a fab card a lot of work in it delish not having much look with pasting blinkies or whatever you call them
hugs
Sylvie xx

Unknown said...

What a great card! Love the stitching and the shape of the card is fab! Thanks for playing at The Pixie Cottage!

Liz said...

Stunning Nicola I will try play along with you

liz xx

Heather Schlatter said...

Nicola,

I seriously seriously love love love love this it is tooo gorgeous and I love that shimmery paper great job on this!!!

Heather

Victoria said...

brill card as usual, so much detail - you have so much patience.

Victoria
x

Cathy said...

Fabulous tree shaped card.Thank you for joining in the SCSC this week.
Cathy xx

Danni said...

Wow!! How creative and fun!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh NIcola!!! This is such a sweet creation!! I love the shape and all the embellishing and texture. The santa is too cute!!Love your take on the SSHP! You know I always love your creations.
hugs,
Chris

Sally said...

Nicola,
Your Christmas Tree Card is beautiful

Riet said...

Ohh wowww Nicola,what beautiful.

Hugs Riet.x

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful Nicola!
You're so creative, this is a gorgeous tree!
blessings, maria

Jessica G. said...

Such a fun shaped card, perfect for the season! Thanks for playing in this week's Saturday Spotlight challenge!!

Susie Sugar said...

Totally unique Nicola fab idea I love it when you take a walk on the wild side , fabby
Hugs Susie xx

Sandra H. said...

Very cute card!!

Anne said...

A beautiful xmas tree with a great design! Thanks for playing with us at the Pixie Cottage!

Tammy said...

Very creative!!! Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage and hope to see you again!! Good luck!

queen-of-nostalgia said...

Very cool! Thanks for playing with the Pixies :) Cheers!
Kristen