Sunday 5 April 2009

My First Loves + Awards

One Stop Craft Challenge#23-All Sewn Up has been set by the lovely Sharon, now how could I resist when stitching was and still is my first love along with decoupage! She would like to see faux,doodled,stamped, machine or hand stitched so out came my pricking needle for this pattern along with my needle and thread. Flutter By Wednesday #51 theme this week is No Designer Paper so my card also fits into this challenge, another challenge I couldn´t resist because I love my fairies and butterflies too.


A cute little fairy decoupage,have added a little glamour dust to his wings and some flat backed beads then decided he needed something to focus on so also added some little punched out butterflies (always save the scraps from my corner punches)then added some jelly tots to the corners.



I am honoured to receive these awards from three lovely,talented crafters. Please stop by there blogs and say Hi.
Thank you so much Susie and Chris the above award is gorgeous.
Paula, thank you so much hun, your award is gorgeous too.

20 comments:

Marcea said...

This is beautiful mum. Fab stitching and I just adore those sweet butterflies ... finishes the card perfectly!
-x-

Emma said...

Hi Nicola
Gorgeous card...really beautiful.
Hope you are well and settled back home.
Emma x

Liza said...

Great stitching Nicola, it must have taken a while for you to do all that. How was the UK and did you enjoy the craft show?

Liza x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Beautiful card Nicola. Your sewing is always exquisite and really adds dimension to your cards. Wonderful decoupage too.
Sharon xx

Riet said...

wowww Nicola,what a beautiful card.

hugs Riet.x

Danni said...

I love this!! So pretty! Thanks for playing along with my challenge!!
Wow, I could just stare at this all day, so wonderful!

Liz said...

Wow Fab card Nic I am that far behind did not know you were in the UK
Sorry to hear you had health problems

Liz x

Diane.W. said...

Hi Nicola!!!
This is stunning,luv that fairy!!! :o)x

karen said...

clever you the card is great thanks for visiting my blog i am following yours now x karen x

Joey said...

Hiya Nicola, this is a lovely card, the image is beautiful, Thankyou so much for your comment on my blog :O). Joey.xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Nicola

Gorgeous card, love the butterflies and everything about it.

Congrats on the awards!!

And finally...lol, thank you for supporting and spreading the word about Stamptacular Sunday Challenge by displaying our logo on your blog. Good Luck with the prize draw.

Joanne x

Bev said...

The stitching queen is back in town lol - utterly exquisite card honey, perfect stitching and such a beautiful image xx

Susie Sugar said...

Wow you have been busy darling what beautiful cards I love them all , You stitching is perfect
xx

aardvarkpest said...

Simply gorgeous card. I've never got around to stitching like this but I love it I really must give it a go after seeing this.

Glenda

Shelley said...

Great card, I love the stitching and the image is so cute. Thanks for joining in with the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Shelley xx

Wellnifty said...

Beautiful card, I love the little pixie, and your stitching is perfect,

Chris x

Paula said...

Oh Nicola this is stunning wow all the deatial in the stitching is fab and what great colours and layout.Thankyou for taking part in the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Nikki said...

Just beautiful and fab stitching.Thanks for joining us this week at One Stop Craft Challenge
Nikki x

Donna said...

Wow your stitching is amazing, stunning card. Thanks for joining in the one stop craft challenge.Donna x

Lilacanglia said...

This is absolutely stunning,
I know it took a long while to sew,
but it was well worth it,
Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog,
have a great weekend,
hugs
Angie