Monday 4 January 2010

Back to School

Happy New Year my lovelies, sorry I have been such a bad blogger lately but I have been laid up this past few weeks with my back. Gradually getting around with the aid of crutches so hopefully will catch up with you all soon.
Today sees the 1st challenge of the New Year at Die Cut Dreams and the the theme is Back To School.
I did have to rack my brains for this one as it is many years since my kids left school and books was my first train of thought and you know my love of fairies so had to include one of these too. Images coloured with copics, gotta add that glamour dust so a wee bit of glitz to his wings and some glaze to the apple, had to give him his play piece. Papers and ribbon are SU, MS punch and flowers and brad are from my stash.


I am combining my card with Secret Crafter Saturday who have set the theme of New Beginnings so I think the start of a new term should fit the bill and One Stop want to see something beginning with B so I have my books .


21 comments:

Mummylade said...

Fantastic stamps, cleverly combined!

Nancy said...

Super cute and cheery, Nicola!! I love the image, and I'm glad to see a post from you...you've been missed! I hope you are feeling better!

kris said...

Awesome card! great image to use... Love it! Hope you're feeling better Nicola! Miss you in here... take it easy... you're still in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery! hugs, Kris

Bev said...

So glad to see you up and about again sweetie, but please take it easy hey!! Love your card, that little fairy is just so cute! Fab colouring too xxx

Victoria said...

fab card hunny, love the bright and cheerful colours. Good to see you back too.

Love
Victoria
x

Liz said...

Oh Nicola Missed you honey Hope your Ok now sending love and hugs

Liz xx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Hi Nicola. Great to see you crafting again and I do hope your back is getting better now.
LOVE this card! Such a cheeky looking fairy and the way you added the books is just perfect. Thanks for joining us at the One Stop Craft Challenge,
Sharon xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Nicola,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Anonymous said...

Oh what a really adorable card!! Your image is sweet and your coloring is amazing hun!!! HUGS

Danni said...

I've been thinking of you and hoping you were feeling better. Hugs!!
Wonderful card adn gorgeous coloring!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Oh, this fits the bill perfectly Nicola! The image is fabulous and I love the bright colouring.
Do hope your back problem eases very soon, and here's wishing you a happy and healthy 2010.
Love, Sylvia xxx

Sally said...

Nicola,
Stunning card. Love those books and that image is so cute. I had wondered where you had been. Hope you are feeling better soon. Happy New Year to you and Hubby!

cheryl said...

wow hun this is brilliant wondeful design and colurs so sorry to hear you have not been well missed you hugs cheryl xxxxx

Shirley N said...

Sorry to hear about your back Nicola, must have been so hard for you over the holidays! Hope you are better. Happy New Year to you! Very pretty card!

Stef H said...

stunning card. not often you see a "boy" fairy, but this is just stunning!

hope you are feeling better real soon. keeping you in my prayers.

hugs,

Nikki said...

This is just great. I just love that image its so different. Hope your feeling better. Thanks for joining us this week at OSCC
Nikki xx

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so adorable.

Susie Sugar said...

Delightful card Nicola and Woody says to tell you he loves it too
Glad to have you back and glad you are feeling better
Love ya Susie xx

Poppy said...

Happy new year Nicola, glad to hear your up and about.
loads of lovely cards since my last visit.
take care
poppy

Sheila said...

Fabulous Nicola, he looks just adorable there reading his books, love the colour combo you've used on this one sweetie.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Marcea said...

This is dead cute - love it!!!!
-x-